When first opening its doors in 1973, the Company based its decision to choose the “FamilyMart” name on a heartfelt wish that its customers, franchised stores, and Head Office would develop together as a family. In the ensuing period, we have continued to evolve through concerted efforts to become a social and lifestyle infrastructure provider and worked diligently to meet the ever-diversifying needs of our customers as the structure of society changes. At the same time, we have consistently modified our business model while leveraging the defining characteristics of convenience stores proximity, time, and lineup. With the opening of its inaugural store in Taiwan in 1988, FamilyMart embarked on an uninterrupted period of overseas business development.
Today (as of February 28, 2015), our network spans eight countries and regions, mainly centered on Asia, and comprises 16,970 stores. By keeping abreast of new developments in the structure of society, FamilyMart started to break new ground.
About FamilyMart in Vietnam
When FamilyMart was founded
– FamilyMart Vietnam was established in 2009.
– Jul 2013, FamilyMart Vietnam changed joint venture partner. In the end of Dec 2013, FamilyMart owned 20 stores after 6 – month restructuring.
The important milestones
– Jul 2013: Grand opening of the first store at Saigon Sky Garden (20 Le Thanh Ton, HCM City) after restructuring.
– Feb 2014: The first store at Binh Duong (Dormitory, Zone B, Vietnam National University) was opened.
– Jun 2016: Launch FamilyMart first store at Vung Tau, the number of the store of FamilyMart reached 100 at the same time.
– We will reach 150 by the end of 2017 and 300 in 2018.